Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

A great Cruise to Bermuda

Sail Date: May 23, 2009

The ship was very clean and overall a beautiful ship. You are allowed to bring water onto the ship after we were told we could not. They were very accomdating for the most part for my wife's and my own need's. Some of the staff in guest relations were somewhat clueless at times and it was a hit or miss to how helpful they were. The breakfast was always the same with very few health alternatives. I admit, I am difficult since the way I eat is not what you would eat on cruise ship (organic, vegan, veggies). I loved the activities and the dinner staff as well as the stateroom attendent. Most of the staff was great a few speed bumps overall.
Bermuda is an amazing island you dock in King's Warf at the Royal Navy dockyard on the west end of the island. By scooter it takes 45 minutes to ride to to Hamilton which is the capital. The ferry takes 20 minutes. You must check out the snorkeling cruises in the reefs there is one we took for $45 dollars that we loved it left at 10am and returned at 1pm. Well worth it. Dolphin quest was expensive and a bit of tourist trap, although being with dolphins was well worth the experience. If you don't mind spending the money its a great experience.

Pros: I liked that I spent two days in Bermuda as well as some of the staff like the are dinner waitress, stateroom attendent

Cons: The breakfast and lunch health options for my needs were far and few, some of the staff were not helpful

Recommends Explorer of the Seas? Yes!

Limited selections for veggies without butter, vegans, and healthier options without junk added to the food.
For the most part great staff.
The entertainment was good nothing that wowed me.
Manuel was outstanding. I loved the dog he made out of towels.
King's Wharf, Bermuda
Check out silk thai restaurant in Hamilton on Front street the best Thai food I ever had. Knig's wharf was nice a bit of tourist trap I enjoyed the beaches as well as Hamilton. Nice shops though.
Don't Miss: Dolphin Quest and Snorkeling