Empress of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

My first Cruise

Sail Date: September 29, 2007

The ship was incredible for the most part.

Cons: the rocking of the boat, lack of interesting shows, bermuda

Recommends Empress of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.

Stateroom not as promised. VERY SMALL! Bathroom size was a fright. Closet space horrific. BUT did learn a valuable lesson, will upgrade to suite next cruise.Decor was plain. TV cut in and out. Our state room attendent, Gabriel, made us going to the room worth while, he was incredible.
EEK. Not a great selection with dinner. Sometimes things were a little fru-fru. I have a severe allergy to pork and it seemed that, especially at the buffett, that was all they had. Dining room was beautiful. The staff always was there to make sure you liked something and encouraged you to order something different if you didn't. I love salt, but some dishes had WAY TOO MUCH salt.
Boring. A juggler, a not funny comedian x 2. The staff was WAY more entertaining! Although, the poolside games were quite enjoyable.
I loved the layout of the ship. It was easy to get around and incredibly clean. It was very fun to just wander.
Dining room staff, cafe staff, bar staff, stateroom attendant and other random staff were wonderful. It seemed like everyone knew my name and were smiling at all times. I live in a beach resort area and you don't see that often. Guest services was NOT HELPFUL at all to first time cruisers! Had to rely on other cruisers to find out what to do at end of cruise.
Hamilton, Bermuda
Beautiful, yet VERY expensive. Non friendly hours - most things close at 5 - so you have a choice between shops/sites or beaches. Remember, tourism is not their main source of income.
Don't Miss: Restless Native Catamaran excursion!!!
St. George's, Bermuda
Very beautiful, once again very expensive. Non friendly hours - most things close at 5 - so you have a choice between shops/sites or beaches.
Don't Miss: Crystal Caves