Emerald Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

A wonderful cruise

Sail Date: November 28, 2011

The Emerald Princess, like all the other Princess cruise ships, is absolutely stunning. The flawless ability of all the staff to maintain the highest standard of service is outstanding. I was disappointed in the caliber of shows provided and the theater setting for these shows. The last two Princess cruises we were on had the evening shows in a lounge style setting and offered two shows an evening with alternating times allotted for the shows. This had one show in the theater with two alternate times for the show (8:15 and 10:15). The early show was already filled on most nights by 7:30 pm, with standing room only by 7:45 pm).
I must admit that as much as I enjoyed this cruise, my spouse and I will probably not be taking any further cruises due to the new policy of non-smoking even on one's balcony. One of my most enjoyable moments on a cruise is to wake up in the morning and watch the sun come up while enjoying my coffee and a cigarette on the balcony. In the evening, prior to retiring, I love to sit on the balcony with a drink and a cigarette listening to the sounds of the ocean and watching the stars. I do believe that most smokers, knowing that we are in the minority, are keenly aware of the comfort of those who don't smoke and as such, try to respect their feelings. Unfortunately, it appears that non-smokers do not show the same respect for those of us who do smoke.

Pros: The courtesy and consideration displayed by the entire staff of the Emerald Princess.

Cons: The idea of having to pay to use the Sanctuary (the quiet area of the ship).

Recommends Emerald Princess? Yes!