Emerald Princess Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

Great ports

Sail Date: June 26, 2011

Clean, efficient wait staff and cabin steward made cruise aboard ship enjoyable. My husband and I enjoy ballroom dancing and were disappointed with the group that seemed to be picked up and thrown together. Chamber music quartet was excellent. Epiphany group was good too. The food in the specialty restaurant was excellent...comparable to what you get in the regular dining room on other cruisines like Holland America. On a sc ale of one to ten I would give the cruise a five. We took Princess only because of the itinerary. This is my second time with Princess and I don't think I would choose them again. The coupon book that is provided through is cheesy and was not used. We traveled with another couple and they opted to book with another company instead of booking with because the cost was less for the same cabin. Further, they got a welcome bottle of champaign and strawberries as opposed to the aforementioned cheesy coupon book we received.

Pros: Ports

Cons: I would prefer to give tips according to performance to supplement the wage paid by the cruise operator

Recommends Emerald Princess? Yes!

Pretty ship with hardworking staff
Regular dining room meals were nothing special at all. Sanya and his assistant were very attentive and plesant.
Krasorne was seldom seen but always responsive and efficient.