Disney Wonder Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Lovely Cruise!

Sail Date: February 12, 2016

We were on a five day cruise out of Miami with stops to Grand Cayman and Castaway Cay.  We left on February 12th just as the northeast was experiencing a polar vortex and an ice storm, so it was nice to get away.  The Wonder is a smaller ship than the Fantasy or the Dream, you could tell that the Wonder is older too.  It is in need of refurbishment and painting in areas, but I'm told that it will be going into dry dock in September 2016.  Our room was on Deck 5 Cat 5c Oceanview with Veranda.  The room seemed smaller than our room in the same category on the Dream.  The room needed an upgrade, cabinets were stuck and squeaky.  Otherwise the room was fine.  We were right next to the elevators and stairs and right next to the Buena Vista theater where the movies are shown.  If you don't like the smell of popcorn, I do not recommend this room.

We ate at all the dining rooms and had Palo Brunch and Dinner.  The food in the dining rooms was adequately prepared, tasty, but nothing exceptional.  The exceptional stuff can be found on Palo.  If you have a sea day on your cruise, book Palo Brunch post haste, you will not be disappointed.  Try the chicken parm... I know, I know.. what's so special about chicken parm?  Trust me, just try it.  For the Palo dinner, try the chocolate souffle... it's TO DIE!

Our 12 year old son made use of the Edge tween club.  We didn't see him much as he was hanging out with his new friends. Lots of Gaga ball and tournaments of every kind. He still speaks with them through snap chat and instagram and trust me, our son is not very outgoing.

I hate to admit this, but we are not Disney people, so we didn't stand in line for characters, attend any kind of character breakfasts or meals, I high fived Woody as he walked through the corridor once.

The shows are good, very well done, probably the best I've seen on a cruise ship.

Service was great, Alvero in Palo is fantastic.  We also had Harlan in the dining room, both great!

The cabin's drawers were stuck and squeaky. The room also creaked due to the ship rocking, but you probably won't notice that if the sea is calm. We also had a slight obstruction out of our balcony of a crane thing (the room is aft on the port side, if you look at pictures of the exterior of the ship there are two crane looking things poking out from under the balconies on Deck 5). The room was in a good location with regard to the stairs, the elevators and the Buena Vista Theater.

Book the Palo Brunch.... its totally worth it! A few quiet places on the ship are the Diversions bar and Deck 4 promenade.