Disney Wonder Cruise Review to Coastal - West Coast

Contributor Level: Second Mate

FIRST TIME DISNEY CRUISERS

Sail Date: October 09, 2015

Overall our first experience in a cruise ever was exceptional w/ just some room keepsakes issues to make this cruise a complete 5 Star for us. BTW, we came with a large group (9 total) but 2 cabins. The programs and events will keep you busy enough the moment you step into the ship that you won't want to sleep anymore. You are greeted by the crew once you enter the ship so prepare your video (we miss it coz we didn't know they would announce our arrival:)The theater shows were phenomenal (too bad can't take videos to show off). All worth every $$$ paid (mind you costly get-away cruise) but hoping Disney won't increase their cruise price anymore :) like Disneyland did so we can cruise again next year. The food/restaurant/buffet breakfast all awesome. I just hoped we had a few minutes of service orientation so we know what & where we could get food haha! Drinks are free. Don't worry about bringing extra drinks instead bring wines (allowed 2 bottles by Disney cruise) and a good wine opener. Adult fun is til 2am and kids have their own places to go too(look at the program at once and GO don't waste time!!! Servers are awesome. Crews are 99% friendly and always w/ a smile. Gratuities are included in your overall cabin bill at the end of your cruise but if you want to give extra tip, envelopes are provided also on the last day. Our Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom w/ Verandah is the best for family of 5 (10-16yrs old) we were not cramped in the room at all. Bathrooms/shower are separated which is a great idea! I love everything in this cruise! Will definitely do it again!!!

Cruise Photos

I am satisfied with the cabin but not greatly impressed...although it is a cruise ship, I did not expect to have a big room. We are 5 in the family with 10, 14,16 yr old children. It was just the room service that I though was cut -short of some great memories ( for my kids).
very organized
my kids were not so excited about the pool. Not enough slides to use.
Destinations and Excursions no destination for this cruise...wished there was one at least San Francisco
just wished someone gave us 10 min orientation as we are first time cruisers so we could have benefitted esp my young kids of all the activities.
noticed no decorative ( origami blanket or towel) in room except for 4 coin chocolates and 5 bandanas. And on second day, when we left a tip $10, had extra chocolates and origami made looks like duck designed blanket...a bit cheap on giving away chocolates and toiletries.
just a little uneasy as the assistant server kept saying about survey to complete. If service is good to excellent, no worries for customers to fill out. Felt like we were pushed to do it. I preferably did not like her approach.

Arrive very early; get acquainted w/ the ship. Get the cruise ship program first hour when you board. Every service needs tip and will charge ur Stateroom card. Even kids places will charge you gratuity. Start activities w/ ur kids first thing. There is no time for long sleep here. Get ur $s worth!