Diamond Princess Cruise Review to U.S. - Pacific, Northwest

Super except for debarcation

Sail Date: May 01, 2007

Ship was very clean in all public areas. Attendants give you hand sanitizer alot which keeps down the concern of Norovirus. Sabatini's and Sterling Steakhouse were FABULOUS! Gym very nice and I was able to get the equipment I wanted when I wanted it. The only issue was cleanliness of my room: the rug in my room desparately needed vacuuming- found someone else's crumbs, earring back, and clothing tag- ugh!. The bedside tables had not been wiped off and had someone else's stickey coke residue that I had to clean up myself. Pictures in room and walls had crud from other people. Debarcation was a nightmare. We got to the airport at 8am- no luggage had been delivered. Finally started unloading it at 9:20am. By then, there were hundreds of people standing around a fenced off area trying to spot their luggage and shouting to 5 girls in high heels who were supposed to drag your luggage to you. Everyone was frantic trying to make their flights. I felt really sorry for the handicapped and older folks who almost got trampled in the mad dash. Surely Princess (who does this every year) must be able to find a better way to do things. It was a very sad end to a trip that was otherwise marvelous

Pros: Cabin steward was wonderful to my 84-year-old parents

Cons: Debarcation in Vancouver-- they sent the handicapped folks to the airport first then abandoned them there without luggage for 2 hours- we almost missed our flight!

Recommends Diamond Princess? Yes!