Diamond Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Sail Date: July 01, 2006

I love the pictures of the ship. It looks like so much fun. But honestly I didn't think it was worth $3200 to look at the pictures. I'm now sitting at home, broke and devasted. Especially sick about the statement made by a Pricess representative who had the nerve to tell me that "To be honest this hurts us too because you won't be on the ship to spend money on drinks and gifts etc. So we are losing too!" This was to be our first cruise to celebrate our 40th anniversary. But I feel like I was a fool and just scammed out of $3200 not counting the money spent on clothes, excursions, passports, etc.

Pros: The excitement and anticipation of one fun filled week of pampering and fun

Cons: At the airport when Delta and then a representative of Pricess cruises told us "sorry maam but there is nothing we can do for you. Your tickets are worthless. We cannot get you to your cruise and the cruise will not wait for you. We cannot refund any of your money because its not our fault.

I'm sitting here at home. Stunned and in shock. I can barely think straight, let alone eat. Not one word from Princess. They are in Alaska wining and dining and enjoying a cruise on my money.
not sleeping well either.
Princess representatives have not even had the common sense to e-mail us to express any thoughts at all, let alone offer any relief of our financial loss or suffering.
I'm sure there is plenty of fun and frivolity going on in the boardroom at Princess when they can rip off unsuspecting travellers of hard earned money and not have to recompense them at all