Diamond Princess Cruise Review to Hawaii

Not as expected

Sail Date: September 01, 2007

This was my first cruise and from what all my friends said about cruises I couldnt wait! My first night at dinner the wait staff didnt bring my drink (a hot cup of tea) until half way thru the meal and when I asked for it a second time the waitress yelled at me that it was coming and then gave me a empty cup. The food was terrible thru out the cruise, when another couple at my table asked the staff about it they said they had a new chef. All the bread was rock hard. And the meat was over cooked. The one time I got room service, I asked if I had to sign for it and the gentleman said no. When I got home and looked at my credit card statement, he not only got the 15% the cruise add to the bill but he also tipped himself an extra $10.

In the brochure it said we would be at a port until 6pm, but in the briefing for the port the cruise employees would tell you the last charter to the boat would be at 4pm. This happened at EVERY port! Thru out the cruise all I heard from fellow guest were complaints about this cruise. Do yourself a favor book a cruise from another company.

Pros: Hawaii and the boat shows

Cons: Food, Service, Almost everything

Recommends Diamond Princess? No.

The room was bigger then expected
A lot of stuff to do
Read my review for details.
Rude!