Diamond Princess Cruise Review to Mexico

A great trip!

Sail Date: December 01, 2006

The ship is big and betifully desinged. The food are really yummy and cooked in many styles artfully. The menus are different for every dinner in the dining rooms although at any given night, the 4 free dining rooms have the same menu, but they are different every day. The buffet food is better than the best buffet in Las Vegas!

The stateroom services are great and they are very friendly as well. The waiters in dining rooms are very friendly too. One night we were late to the dining room since we went to there after the night show. The waiters didn't rush us at all, and still gave us the same nice service as usual.

The shows are high quality, too. I especially enjoyed the Piano Man, the magic show and a jazz piano show. I enjoyed the art auctions and spanish class as well. Too many activities and to little time I wish I could have joined more activities on the ship.

My two boys age 11 and 13 also enjoyed the trip very much. They loved to visit the off limit and fun zone rooms for their age group. It's difficult to ask them to go back to our bedrooms before their activities end. This is great service for my hasband and me since we suddenly found that we can do a lot of things together without worrying about the kids.

The only thing I think it can have some improvemments are the tours on the port day. Some of the tours are too short. For example, the Lands End tour in Cabo San Lucas is a rush rush fight to take pictures in a very short time on a rocking boat with many people trying to occupy the same spot. I felt there should be enough time to let the people go down to the beach by the Land's End Arch. End in Manztlan, the city tour can be expaned easily for another 2 hours to allow people more time strolling on the beach front walk.

Over all, my expirience for the 7 days Mexico tour on Diamond Princess is very positive. I think the princess cruise line did a wonderful job. I meed a large number of people on princess cruise more than one times. Most of them have good things to say for the cruise line. This is my first time with princess cruise, and the first time wth any cruise. I think I will be a returned customer for this company.

Pros: Food, shows, services and the ship itself

Cons: tours on port day

Recommends Diamond Princess? Yes!

Beatiful big ship. It's huge and high quality.
Yummy!
nice confortable bed and pillow. Much much better than every 3-star hotels. The bath room is a little small.
nice and friendly
Piano Man and the magic show are super! art auction is awlsome!
My kids did not want to leave their fun zone and off limit rooms.