First cruise experience

Crown Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: January 01, 2013
Ship: Crown Princess
Overall\, very impressed with the ship. This was our first cruise and I was pleased with the amount of activities available---particularly the activities available for our two kids (ages 14 and 8). The only thing that would have been nice to have is a covered or indoor pool\, as the weather was chilly on the front end of the cruise and swimming really wasn't a pleasant option.

I am diabetic\, I thought they did a pretty good job of offering no-sugar options (though still tough to pass up other great sugar-filled desserts)!

Scheduling is tough\, but I found it frustrating to have to rush to get seats and sit for 35-40 minutes in order to get a seat for a theater show that only lasted about 30 minutes. Perhaps if there was a reservation method of getting seats for the theater shows that would be better.

Very pleased with the staff and opportunities afforded to the kids.

Extremely impressed with the staff at all levels...they understand the people business!

Ship is in great condition. Only comment here is there were a lot of seniors on our cruise and elevator wait times took a while as a result.

My wife and I both thought the bed was too firm.

Pros: Time on the balcony overlooking the ocean.

Cons: Wait times (i.e. holding seats in theater or in line for early dining).

Recommends Crown Princess? Yes!