Crown Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Third Mate

Alaska cruise aboard a Princess ship

Sail Date: August 09, 2014

I have cruised with Royal Caribbean and Carnival.  Princess is the bottom of the barrel with champagne prices. We cruised to Alaska on a ship with out a covered pool. The weather is cold and very rainy.  The buffet is off the uncovered pool area and we had to wear a coat to use the buffet.  The area was freezing as the doors off the buffet open right out to the uncovered deck area.  We booked open dining and sometimes it was a two hour wait.  I was told at one point I should change my time.  We paid for the restaurant up charge twice so we could at least have two enjoyable meals.  You usually miss the show at 8 and 10 because either you are standing in line, for dinner, or because it takes so long to be seated the shows are over, and you are still in the dining room.  Food service into the dining room is very slow.  We saved for 5 years to go to Alaska.  The scenery is just beautiful. But the ship ruined the whole experience.  This ship should be in the Caribbean not cold weather area.  Do your self a favor do not use Princess.  There were 6 of us on this cruise.  I wish there was trip insurance for a refund because I would definitely asked for a refund.The buffets were mobbed because of the long wait to be seated in the dining room.  I spoke to other people on the ship and most were equally disappointed.

Entertainment Did not see. To much of a fight with people saving not 1 or 2 seats, how about 1 or 2 rows. Nothing said to them. Timing with dinner not conducive to show times,

Use a different cruise line.