Crown Princess Cruise Review to Europe - Western Europe

An amazing adventure!

Sail Date: June 10, 2009

I booked this cruise to introduce my 10-year-old daughter to European cities I had enjoyed as a backpacker long ago and cities I had yet to explore. The itinerary was amazing! Every day was an adventure as we decided to tour on our own instead of taking the pricey ship excursions. Guidebooks, advice from the ship's port consultant (a great feature), and tips from fellow travelers, helped ensure that we made the most of each port. This cruise was a fantastic way to get a taste of many places while still enjoying the amenities and convenience of a great ship.

The ship itself was beautifully decorated with plenty of popular public areas. We never felt it was overly crowded, even though it was fully booked. The staff followed the Princess motto of being available, but unobtrusive. Everything was kept very clean and well maintained. The food was delicious and there was a good variety. For post-port afternoon snacks on the pool deck, my daughter loved the grilled food (burgers and hotdogs) and ice cream, and I enjoyed the pizza. We met a lot of great people through the "anytime dining" and liked the flexibility of being able to eat on our own schedule. We never had to wait long for a table. This was our first Princess experience and we will most certainly be repeat customers.

Pros: The itinerary, and the ship and its amenities, service and food

Cons: The relatively short time in ports that required extensive travel time to key cities like Paris and Florence

Recommends Crown Princess? Yes!