Crown Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Cruise

Sail Date: February 01, 2010

Clean, up to date, full featured, 'as advertised'. Really great experience. I was leery of big ship with lines to get food but that never once occurred. Food very good to excellant. But the staff with dining in buffet and a la carter dining rm were both everything you'd want. For instance, once my mate offered me the last of her steak. The waiter noted the activity and came over to ask if anyting was wrong. There was no hint of any annoyance or displeasure when he found that nothing had been 'wrong'. We used anytime dining. We were always asked if we wanted to 'share a table' or get a 'table for two'. Whenever we choose the 'two', their answer was "excellant", with no hint that they were annoyed. And so it was many times. The staff around the buffet couldn't wait to get us drinks or refill something , etc. This was true of all the contacts we had with the boat's staff including front desk, excursion desk, and entertainment persons. The worst encounter was a dJ about 11pm in skywalkers who didn't acknowledge a request(song), but he did play it the very next tune.
We had some modestly rough seas with beginnings of white caps for the first 48hr but I never got seasick even though I am always the first to go, and was in a 15th deck, most forward cabin, which, according to my knowledge of ship motion, should have been abou the worst position on could get. I never heard the sea-sickness subject raised by anyone. I also loved the notifications especially in food area to wash hands or use the cleansing lotion provided, all to help prevent outbreaks, and no "flu" sickness was evident.
I was exhausted after 5 days of constant activities including dancing, shows, movies, etc. All of the advertised entertainment did occur in good order. One comedian was hilarious and the other very good. Live music of all types met my ecletic taste.

Pros: most cordial staff I've ever encountered in any business; well maintained and run ship

Cons: had to be back at ship from Cayman and 2 stops others by 330pm.

Recommends Crown Princess? Yes!

One streak of rust visible at back of ship. Everything else perfect (on deck)etc.
Some fluctuation in shower water temp is the only negative. Everything clean, looked and acted high quality. Mini bar had same prices as elsewhere on ship!
The shining crown of the trip.
Buffet at dinner was fine, without lines. Food there was high quality for a buffet ther two times we ate there. Otherwise we dined a la carte dining, was like a gourmet restaurant with even the "great presentation" on the plate for all courses, but faster and sometimes better service than a fine restarant. The service was always more friendly than a usual land restaurant.
The production shows were very average for me, like too many ballet moves during the dance numbers and too many inappropriate big smiles during songs, but this is common to amusement parks and cruises. The comedians were independants brought on board and very good. The house bands were all great at the music and knowing when the music needed to be right for dancing times. The hypnotist was a hypnotist, of low interest to me but my partner felt it was interesting/good.