Costa Victoria Cruise Review to Other (Asia/Africa/Middle East)

Third Mate

Never choose Costa! Horrible experience !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sail Date: May 27, 2013

I have to say, the Costa cruise line was totally failure. I spent more than $1700+ USD for my trip (per person), and the following are the services I received. First, the cruise itself is a 18 years old ship and had many places seems broken down. I saw many "maintenance in progress" sign at spa, sauna rooms, bars, where we couldn't use for few days and even my cabin drawers were broken.

More, the first night dinner was a chaos. The company arranged that all the passengers separated into two groups for dinner ( We couldn't pick our own times and each day can only eat once, every differ than other cruise line that I had been on). And they mess up the first dinner time so badly that we had to wait for 40 mins to have our dinner. Everyone on the second round dinner list were in front of the restaurant, yelling, it was a pretty scene. Costa should have a better management plan in terms of organizing it's dinner time.

Moreover, the servers on the cruise wasn't friendly at all. I went to talk to the information desk couple times, and some of the workers had attitudes toward customers. Plus I never see the restaurant waiters smile once but messing up my food orders couple times and never pour us water until I ask for it.
On the third night, the six floor was flooded because of the heavy rain on the sea---> flooded cruise? I really don't know how save it wasAngry

Last but not least, the food quality was the poorest!!!!!! Some of the plates were dirty like this:

My sister ate a ROTTEN fish one night and I got a  POISONOUS potato the following dinner---> my potato had roots that were about an inch long, I really don't think they did a good job on food quality control...... The following is not apple.... but a potato...

The reason that I couldn't stand because the manager didn't even apologize or do anything about it! My parents and many of other passengers were complaining about lobsters the company offered was a scam, because the lobsters seem old and had very little meats in them. More, the whole ship don't offer other drinks but water except breakfast (unless you purchase them) and the water all had weird taste and smell.  HORRIBLE!

I was really excited about the cruise trip and expecting having a good time with my family, but all I got was anger and dissatisfaction. I DO NOT recommend anyone to choose Costa cruise line if you want to have a good memories with friends and family!!!

Cruise Photos

It was a 18 years old ship and many places seem need to be fixed
worse food quality ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Standard, but bathroom smells