Costa Serena Cruise Review to Other (Asia/Africa/Middle East)

Great destinations, terrible ship.

Sail Date: March 13, 2015

I will keep this concise and to the point. Major shop fitting/building work taking place on the ship throughout the 7 days, Cutting , grinding and drilling on a continuous basis. This is not classed as routine maintenance in my opinion. The main bar was regularly closed for "exclusive cocktail parties"??? This severely limited your chances of sitting down and enjoying a drink. Breakfasts were poor. Toast was like cardboard, no beans and the cereals were cheap and nasty imitations. The grill was only open 12 till 3. The restaurant only catered for Italians and the portions were tiny. The restaurant food was presented well but this did not hide the poor standard of the meals being offered. I was often hungry in the evening but there was literally nowhere to grab a snack after having your evening meal. The theatre`s entertainment was extremely poor. The general entertainment was poor. The ship was old and tired. The holiday was ruined by the time spent on the ship. Princess cruises was a far more enjoyable experience.

Tired ship in need of updating and fixing!
Not enough variety, no food available at certain times of the day. Catered for Italian pallets only. Generally felt hungry throughout the holiday.
Clean and tidy throughout.
I salute you Sujento on keeping my cabin spotlessly clean at all times.
One word: TERRIBLE.
Ok if you are Italian.
Can`t fault the destinations
Muscat, Oman
Khasab, Oman
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Similar to Dubai. A must see destination.
Dubai, U.A.E.

If you want to come on a ship and lose weight then I recommend costa.