Costa Serena Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Great way to see many places.

Sail Date: February 01, 2014

The ship was in good condition and very clean\, but overall decoration was very dark.
The cruise experience overall was good. It was an easy way to see lots of different cities.
However\, the only way to purchase anything on board the boat is with your Costa Card (room key). You have to set up an account for the Costa Card with a credit card or a 150 euro cash deposit in order to buy ANYTHING. I did not want to use my credit card and didn't have 150 euro cash\, so was unable to buy anything. Which was okay\, but I would have gotten drinks and things if cash could have been used. I am a college student and was traveling with a group of friends; none of us bought anything on board due to this system\, so Costa missed out on a fair amount of money.
Also\, there is no ATM machine on board.

Pros: The best part about the cruise was that we traveled while sleeping so we were able to see many places in a short amount of time. It was a good overview trip\, that allowed me to figure out where I want to go back to in the future (hopefully!) The food served in the dining room for dinner was awesome

Cons: The fact that you had to use the Costa Card to purchase things on ship.

Recommends Costa Serena? Yes!