Costa Serena Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

A very nice cruise

Sail Date: November 05, 2012

This was a very nice and relaxing cruise. The port selected to visit were great and certainly interesting and the tour excursions totally covered each port.

Pros: The helpfulness of the staff.

Cons: Our stateroom was just above the entertrainment and several nights we had to call re the noise. Also the number of children on board was a negative - 500.

Recommends Costa Serena? Yes!

I did not realize the ship was so big; however\, surprisingly we ran into some of the same people each day just walking around. The decor of the ship was very nice - not my taste- but nice and clean and was accessible.
The food was very good and a variety was offered. We did not eat in the specialty restaurant as we were enjoying our nightly table companions too much to leave them.
The size of the \"mini-suite\" was very disappointing. Had I truly realized the size\, I think I would have checked on price to upgrade to a full suite. However\, with that said\, the condition was good. The location was not good due to being just above the nightly entertainment - the Luna Lounge and the Bar Disco. We could hear music way into the morning hours. The staff did their best in toning down the sound.
All the staff went above in assisting us throughout the cruise. They were just great!!!
Thought the tour excursions were very good and covered the ports adequately.