Costa = a la carte crusing
Costa Serena Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Ship: Costa Serena
Cabin Type: Balcony
Traveled As: Couple
Reviewed: 7 years ago
Review SummaryCosta has been expanding their ship fleet very quickly. In doing so, they forgot that its more than steel that matters: customer service is what brings back customers.
1. The itinerary did not leave much time to explore each port, even with the shore excursions
2. The 'free time' at the end of each shore excursion was no more than 15 minutes!
3. The ships crew boarders on the rude.
4. Not enough bar service waiters on board, have to wait 30 minutes for a drink!
5. on board prices are very high (although that is really a Euro/$ weakness)
6. SELL SELL SELL: there is a 24/7 seliing going on board. You can't walk down the hall without crew trying to sell spa packages, water, bingo tickets etc.
7. No excercise equipment! to use the gym you have to have a cabin on the Samsura deck: an additional $1000/week upgrade from a balcony deck! (or arond $2500 upgrade from cheapest fare!)
8. Food was mediocre.
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
Pros: The ports
Cons: Lousy customer service, you pay for everything