Costa Pacifica Cruise Review to Europe - Western Europe

Not a A Good Cruise at all

Sail Date: March 01, 2014

This cruise is not for Americans who have cruised before and have enjoyed customer service. On American cruises you have the option of not attending the dinners and opting to eat at the buffet. This is not an option on this cruise. The buffet lunch was from 3-6 pm. After 6pm\, the dinner is the only food available so you have no choice but to attend if you want to eat again before morning. It also takes a few days to get adjusted to the fact that ice isn't very common in Europe so few ice machines had ice in them. You had to decide if you wanted to eat your food cold and have cold water (spent about 10 minutes looking for the ice machine that had actual ice) or warm food with warm water.

Also the staff was incredibly rude. The waiters would leave dishes on the table for extended period of time. They would actually walk right by it. One waiter actually rolled his eyes at a couple who asked him to clear a table so they could sit. Our waiter at dinner would only give us one glass of water during our 1.5 hour meal experience. We quickly had to learn how to conserve our glass of water.

We also went once to the excursion desk to ask about a possible excursion with the ship. Any one would have thought they would be jumping at the chance to gouge us. The lady at the desk did not even greet me when I said hello. I asked about a trip and was told that it was not available but to check the self-service computer for me to book it on my own. It was not available although I was told it was. Safe to say I didn't not go back to the excursion desk again.

I thought our experience was an individual one on this cruise but we met six other Americans on this cruise and they all had the same experiences. We were all stunned.

Pros: The shows were decent

Cons: The crew\, food and passengers

Recommends Costa Pacifica? No.

Begrudgingly the staff kept areas clean
Horrific choices
Our stateroom was quite nice.
Surprised that Costa/ Carnival didnt teach the staff customer service
Doing senior aerobics is not my idea of fun by the pool