Costa Pacifica Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Purser

First Costa Cruise - Poor Dining Experiences!

Sail Date: February 11, 2013

My wife and I travelled with our three year old on our first Costa cruise and dining experiences were extremely disappointing for many reasons:
- we ordered a hamburger for m son it was not cooked. We sent it back to only receive another hamburger cooked even less than the first!
- a beef dish that I ordered was raw. I had it sent back and what came back was as raw as the first.
- we had very long waits during dinner, sometimes as much as 30 minutes between dishes served.
- on our last night, we were one of the first people to arrive in the Your Way dining; others that sat later than us were served before us. Better attention to detail required!

The mandatory "hotel charge" was a surprise to us. When discussing this with the staff, the explained it's tip for the workers. I am accustomed to tip for good service. Having to play for subpar service does not see righ to mel