Costa Classica Cruise Review to Other (Asia/Africa/Middle East)

Reality of an american on a Costa Cruise

Sail Date: January 06, 2012

This was my second cruise on the Costa Classica. The first was back in the 1990s on a cruise to the Greek Islands out of Venice. It has been renovated and greatly improved. I was one of less than 50 americans out of over 1000 passengers. If you are not the type person who can adjust to different cultures and want everything "spoiled american style" this cruise is not for you. If you enjoy meeting people from around the world and are open minded enough to accept things that are not done exactly like we are used to then I would recommend this.

I have not been on a cruise in over 10 years and it seems Costa is nickle and diming you to death but I will say that things may have changed in the cruise industry that I am not aware of. One thing that is new for me is a service charge for room service of 2 euros. Also a charge of 7 euros if you want breakfast in your room. This may now be typical but it is new to me.

Overall food quality was not as good as what I experienced 10 years ago but still not bad.

The embarkation and disembarkation was much much more efficient than I remembered it 10 years ago

Pros: ports of call

Cons: food

Recommends Costa Classica? Yes!

it has been over 10 years ago since my last cruise. food was not as good as i remembered it being