Great Cruise

Celebrity Mercury Cruise Review to U.S. - Pacific, Northwest

7 Night Pacific Coastal (Seattle To Ensenada)
Sail Date: October 13, 2006
Ship: Celebrity Mercury
We had a wonderful time. The Food was excellent and our Waiter and Assistant waiter were superb. Everything we ate from the dinning room to the buffet was good. We did note that we were with an older group. The bars were quit after 10:30. I did feel that they took extra steps to insure that you did not get sick, which I really appreciated. The ship itself could have been better designed. We had a difficult time getting to the service desk as we could not get there by going straight through most levels. Also, you could not walk all the way around the outside of the ship on the promenade deck. There was nowhere to walk outside except on Deck 11 and 12.

The food was superb and our wait staff was excellent. The menues changed every night and there were always several choices. The restuarant was very clean and very classy. I did not like that I had to eat at the same time every night and that there were very limited options of other places to eat if I did not like the menu or my table mates.

This was the first time I have been on a Celebrity ship. But this is my 4th cruise. I found that the entertainment was ok but I had seen better.

Our Waiter was excellent. He always had recommondations and he was usually right. Everyone else seemed friendly. Our housekeeper seemed quiet, but was always helpful when asked.

The Decor was great and all public areas were clean. Ship size was fine. The layout was bad. Even after 7 days we still had a diffecult time getting to the Customer service desk in the center. Also, they had a small service desk with 2 or 3 people running it.

The stateroom was kept very clean. we were given fresh water and Ice at least twice a day. Staterooms always tend to be on the smaller side, but we are not usually in our room and the bed was very comfortable.
We were not given enough time to really do anything. We did go to the Maritime Museum. Could have spent a lot longer in there. So much to See.
We loved Victoria. Walked all around and had wonderful weather. Did not eat anywhere but did walk thru the Empress hotel.
Don't Miss: The City is fun to see.
We walked down to fishermans wharf and then to China Town. Had a great lunch.
Don't Miss: Got to see China Town

Pros: The Food was Excellent

Cons: Rushing us off the Ship at Debarkation