Former Celebrity Cruiser

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

10 Night Eastern Mediterranean (Rome Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 17, 2011
Ship: Celebrity Equinox
Ship was clean and nice, but I expected more of a "Wow" when I embarked on the ship. There was no "central" grand level for guests to gather and meet.
Rooms were designed well for space and storage and a pleasant neutral decor.

The food was consistently good, which is what I expect from celebrity. Because of the extra costs we did not experience the other restaurants. My only criticism was that I always had to ask that my food be brought in hot. I didn't like the "luke" warm entrees.

The lack of entertainment and variety of activities is probally one of the reasons I will not make Celebrity my first choice again. Someday I will be a senior citizen, but not just yet! My family laughed at the music and shows offered. The few times I wanted to observe something, the timing was when we were not on the ship, or during our dinner time.

I do not have young children, however they are older teens and walked around looking for someting to do. Eventually they found some peers and they all complained that there was nothing for their age bracket to attend on the ship.

The cabin stewards were very nice as well as the dining waiters. I found the front desk ad shore excursion desk doing as little as possible to answer questions and offer help.

The stewards did a great job of keeping everything clean and orderly. I just didn't like the layout of the ship, because there was no "grand " lobby or meeting area. Specialty rooms were difficult to find.

Everything about the stateroom was very nice. Of course for three (which we had in our room), I had hoped for more living space. The stewards keep the room up nicely and were the most personable staff on the ship.

Pros: Food consistently good

Cons: All the "extras" that you get hit with. Also lack of knowledge regarding shore excursions.

Recommends Celebrity Equinox? Yes!