Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

This Cruise sucked

Sail Date: December 24, 2011

Booking through Orbit was a big mistake, I was set for a different cruise but had to check airlines first, looked good then booked airline tickets accordingly before booking the cruise. Then went back to the orbits agent to book the cruise and she talked me into another cruise that she felt we would be better for us, forgetting abut the airline resevations, the new cruise was one day later, so it cost me another $1200. to fix all the tickets. We were stuck at the front of the ship, so it was always a long walk to do anything. We had to get up early and mark our sitting spots around the deck, or you were screwed, the pool was always crowded. The cruise director had to come out every day to scream over the loud speakers what stupid, loud game they were going to play, very annoying, The childrens program was very sub par, game room and babysitting area, no rock climbing or water slides or something physical for the kids to do. The Gym was always packed, I had to wait everytime I went to get a machine, the classes were all booked within the first day, so no yoga, no spinning, no, no, no.. And this was the cruise the agent recommended. The worst part was all the money gouging, if you wanted fresh squeezed OJ it was and up charge, same with a latte, the food in the "free" cafeteria was very marginal and the layout for this room was awful, you felt like you were in a crowded maze with everyone running every where. TOTALLY SUCKED. My wife and I went on the Norwegian Pearl and had a much better time and much better food.

Pros: Really Nothing

Cons: Food, Entertainment, Size of Room,

Recommends Celebrity Eclipse? No.

Poor quality main dining, okay quality evening dining, expensive specialty dining.