Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Wonderful cruise!

Sail Date: April 09, 2011

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Being our first cruise with a (5yr old) child, I was concerned about kid friendliness (activities, babysitting type accommodations etc). However, I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of events for us to do both as a family and alone, as adults. There is a drop off sitting service for kids of all ages which seemed fantastic (our son is very cautious so we didn't use it...but I wanted to!)
Other things that impressed us were the cleanliness of the entire ship, the friendliness of staff and overall excellent customer service.

Pros: Can't beat the customer service

Cons: Pools are small for the amt of people

Recommends Celebrity Eclipse? Yes!

Even though I understand why its laid out this way, I didn't like having 2 small outdoor pools with 1 large indoor adult only pool. The outdoor pools are crazy busy while the indoor one is sparse with people. Perhaps having certain hours for allowing children in the indoor one is an option.
All food was fresh. There was something for everyone!
I was surprised that we could fit 2 adults and 1 child in the stateroom.
By the second day our wait staff and room attendant knew our drink/food and room preferences and remembered our son's name. Two staff members gave our son souvenirs on the last night which was so sweet and unexpected.
Did not actually use the kids club but we visited the facility. There was enough for us to do without needing it.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
We did the beach with lunch excursion however it was cloudy/misty that day. The downfall of this excursion is that you're on a "cruise only beach" which kind of made me feel like a sardine among all the chairs and people. It was still worth it though to play in the Caribbean sand and ocean!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
We did not book an excursion through the ship but we did do a bus tour on our own.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
This was our favorite port. The train ride allowed us the opportunity to see the entire island.
Don't Miss: the train ride