Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Memorable experience

Sail Date: July 25, 2010

It was overall mediocre. The performances and food were alright.

Pros: I liked the waterslide, 24 hr ice cream/pizza/beverage service, and the beautiful 6 ports of call

Cons: I hated the extremely long lines for the buffets, the food and performances were mediocre

Recommends Carnival Victory? No.

I thought that ship was very small especially the theatre, the buffet area, and dance club. The ship was an older model and the promenade layout seemed unorganized. From the time i was there, i did not really see anybody cleaning the bathroom facilities. However, each door had napkins to cover the door handles. Thus, the cleanliness of the ship was fair.
The food was fair and alright. The first dinner had bad food and from time to time the food was good and bad. I can say that I resisted in ordering the seafood (lobster etc) because I predicted it to lack/not taste good. For the buffets, there was a lack of food and extremely long lines
I had a balcony room and it had great views of the ocean, stars, sunrise, sunsets, islands etc. It was very clean and the staff always cleaned our room and gave us new linens. However, i did wish there could have been a curtain to separate the beds from the rest of the room
The staff was accomodating and friendly. However, the staff did not seem very personal in learning about us. For dinners, it felt as though we were eating in a regular in/out restaurant.
The performances were ok as well, sometimes boring. The entertainment staff had repeating people performing, a group of 10-15 dance performers that continued to show up at each main show. The cruise director was funny and nice. However, i was surprised to see that a vey few number of people attended the main shows. Though i did enjoy opportunities to learn different dances.
My son felt that Club O2 for 15-17 yrs olds lacked attendance and didn't seem that interesting