Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Family Cruise Experience

Sail Date: June 30, 2007

I had cruised on Carnival Miracle a few years ago. The Victory is a nice ship but the floor plan is unusual in that you cannot go from one end of the ship to the other without changing floors. I found this to be inconvenient. The staff in the dining room and our cabin steward were excellent. They were very attentive and did a wonderful job. The staff in charge of disembarkment need to be trained in better methods. It was not the best experience I have had on any ship at the disembarking time. It was a bit chaotic. However, we all survived and will have wonderful memories of our trip together. I would recommend this trip as a family experience.

Pros: I enjoyed being with our children and grandchildren and watching them having a great time.

Cons: I did not like the fact we were not all seated together at dinner and our cabins were not together.

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!

Halifax, Nova Scotia
The on/off bus tour was very good and gave us a good overview of the city. The drivers were very knowledgeable and friendly. It was a good tour.
Don't Miss: The public gardens should be seen. They are lovely.
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Don't Miss: The public gardens should be seen. They are lovely.
Saint John, New Brunswick
It was a holiday in St. John when we arrived and the local stores were closed. There was a street fair, but I was disappointed that a shop I wanted to visit was not open. Wish I had known this before seeking out the shop.
Don't Miss: The Reversing Falls was very interesting and a site not to miss.
Saint John, New Brunswick
Don't Miss: The Reversing Falls was very interesting and a site not to miss.