A Wonderful Cruise

Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

4 Night Canada/New England (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 31, 2008
Ship: Carnival Victory
The ship was big, clean and professional. All people working this cruise line were nice, polite, and nothing less than professional. I was totally impressed with the quality of the food onboard the ship. The Gala Buffet was something out of a gourmet magazine. I could not believe the artistic display of pate, fruit sculptures, grand cakes and the giant dragon ice sculpture! I've never seen anything like it. Unbelievable! The kids loved the slide. My husband loved the balcony, and we both enjoyed the casino and the Ionian lounge with the jazz trio. What a fantastic trip!

Absolutely out of this world.

The overall quality of options on this ship was great, but the daily itinerary was wordy and difficult to read the small print. The cruise manager was good, spoke well, nice guy. The overhead announcements were not too annoying - gave us a cue.

We felt very comfortable after the first time, leaving the kids with the staff in the playroom. Our boys are 7 and 5 and not shy, but I did feel bad when I saw 2 and 3 year olds crying and crying - someone should distract them and bond with them (I'm a nurse).

I have never seen more friendliness, more willingness to help.

All linens freshly and promptly changed daily. All spills on the Lido deck mopped quickly. Yellow signs put up. Nobody slipped.

Our cabin manager never missed a beat. It's as if he was waiting and watching for the opportunity to clean after us. Towel monkey was a big hit with the boys.
Actually, I wouldn't know how to make St. John's more interesting - it will be a challenge. I needed to buy walking shoes, and we just visitied the shopping area right near the ship.

Pros: Camp Carnival for the kids, and the Gala Buffet

Cons: The long walk when we were debarking the ship

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!