Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

St John/ Halifax itinerary

Sail Date: July 14, 2007

I'm a first time cruiser and I didn't know what to expect but I wasn't disappointed.

Pros: Shows aboard and shore excursions

Cons: Embarking/ disembarking process

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!

The Carnival Victory is a massive vessel, a floating resort loaded with all the amenities. You cannot get bored.
The food served at the buffet was okay but there were not many meat or fish choices. Free drinks only water, apple juice, punch, unsweetened ice tea and coffee. Sodas $1.75 for a can. If you have a sweet tooth then you were in paradise. Likewise with breakfast but they had an omelette station but no fried eggs. At the formal dinning room however the service and the food was out of this world just terrific!
I was impressed with the size of the cabin. It was large and comfortable. Also they cleaned the stateroom twice a day and they made some nice animal towel figurines that my wife fell in love with.
Everybody was polite, friendly and went the extra mile to make sure everything was to your satisfaction. Terrific service starting with the cruise director that was awesome. The waiters treated you like a king.
The main show, Las Vegas/ Broadway style was top notch. Live bands everywhere. The daily newsletter would keep you abreast of all the activities.
Saint John, New Brunswick
Take the trolley tour, the guide is outstanding
Don't Miss: Reversing falls