Cruising is the best

Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

5 Night Canada/New England (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 12, 2006
Ship: Carnival Victory
The Carnival Victory was a great ship to cruise on. This was the first cruising experience for my 4 boys and they just loved it and we all thought the ship was incredible.

We live to eat and can honestly say all the food available was awesome.

There were quite a few of activities to choose from, although the timing was off. Some were too late at night, activites overlapped, and we felt as if we were rushing around to do too much. The social directors were great.

Camp Carnival was great. My kids really enjoyed their time there. They loved all the activites that were offered. The staff was incredible. I felt extremely comfortable leaving my kids with the staff of Camp Carnival. The only small problem was the age group split. My boys are 5 and 7, and we were travelling with their cousin who is 8. They were looking forward to playing together but my 5 year old was in the youngest group, 2-5 years old.

Oh my goodness, everyone was wonderful. No matter who you asked for help, they helped. Anyone you were just passing in the hallway immediately would say hi and have a good day.

When you first see the ship in port, you are overwhelmed by the size of it. But once you get on and start exploring the ship, it doesn't seem as big, especially once you know where everything is. The whole ship was in great condition and very clean. Most of the decor was very nice, but felt some was too adult for our family cruise.

Our stateroom was very nice, but not very roomy. We chose a good location and it was clean, comfortable and served its purpose.
Halifax is beautiful, even on a cool, windy and rainy day. Because of the weather we didn't really get to enjoy much of the area. We did walk along the shore to the Maritime Museum and take a bus tour to Peggy's Cove. In spite of the rain, we did have a good time, but would have liked to spend more time out and about. Would love to visit again.
We didn't stay long, not much to do.

Pros: Not having to cook and clean for 6 days!!

Cons: My children ages 5 and 7 were separated when in Camp Carnival