Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean

Horrible customer service. Packed like sardines, cigarette smell was horrible

Sail Date: August 27, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Cabin: Not assigned

We took this cruise as an anniversary package with all the trimmings. We went through security then through boarding which took us 2 hours. When on the ship the smell was horrible from people not being able to go to their rooms right before departure. The cigarette smell was so bad I had to go to the bathroom as I was getting sick to My stomach. My wife said She was not going to stay on this cruise one more minute so We continually asked the crew how to get off the ship. Everyone directed Us to another crew member and finally to the customer service desk. After another hour in line We asked to get off the ship as We were getting ill from the smell of the cigarettes and body odor from thousands of people crammed into a small section waiting for their cabins to be open. We were also suddenly asked to get out of the only available seats because of a safety concern of broken glass above Out seats which no one was working to correct. The only thing they did was rope off a section which the security officer took down because people were tripping over the rope. We finally made it to the customer service (??) and were treated like terrorists and continually interrogated as to why We wanted off the ship before departure. Finally someone with common sense said She would get our luggage which took another hour. We asked if We could get transferred to another ship or a credit and they said they had to refer Me to customer service (Funny I thought THEY were customer service??) We travel a lot but Carnival has lost Our loyalty and that of My business and partners!. .

Cabin / Stateroom Carnival cabins are some of the best however the customer service, after a problem arises is terrible. You CAN'T find anyone the last day of the cruise.
Port Canaveral
Come VERY early

People are packed in like sardines and the cigarette smell is terrible. People actually don't get challenged about smoking in non smoking sections.