Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

second time on this ship

Sail Date: September 01, 2013

The choices in the retail gift shop need to be updated and changed, not a very good variety this time. I usually spend alot of money there and this time barely spent any money.
The shopping guide "Flore" was not very personable at all. Saw her several times off/on the ship and spoke with hier and she was not very friendly, infact, did not respond with even a hello when we said hello to her in a store and was rude. I spent a lot of money on jewelry off the ship both this trip and last time I was on this ship two years ago. I think she could have been friendlier and at least smile and say hello.

Pros: The staff in the dining room and our steward for the cabin did an excellant job.

Cons: The quality and choice of the food for dinner and the buffet in Rosies was not as good as in the past

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!

See above, selections and quality was not as good as two years ago. I didn't eat much at all.
We were seated with Spanish speaking people at a table, ate with them then requested a different table at that time and why, was seated with another table of Spanish speaking people, finally the third night we were seated with English speaking people who were a perfect match.
Steward and service was excellant. Very friendly and helpful. Can't believe they knew who we were by names and what room we belonged to on the first day.
Except for Flore the shopping expert.