One I think I would like to forget

Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean

8 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 15, 2012
Frustrating 2 hour delay put most people in a bad mood. Carnivals offer of a credit at a nearby mall was not worth the trip as there were too many people trying to board too few buses. They would have been better off bringing out food and drink instead of trying to ship us off to a mall. Why not at least play some Caribbean style music while waiting in line to put us in the mood. People were pretty upset by the time we boarded especially when Carnival knew about the delay 48 hours in at advance as I received a poorly worded voice mail telling me the best time to report was between 130p-330p with no explanation. I understand that for security reasons they did not want to reveal much but they could have at least said something like late arrival of the ship.

very inconstant. Some food was either very undercooked or overcooked\, and I mean simple things like bacon and scrambled eggs. Had the powdered eggs one monring and I thing I would throw up as they were that badly undercooked. Tasted like eating sand.

Clean but outdated TV (tube) and bathroom was something out of the 50s. Also had ring around the toilet due to wearing out of the porcelain finish.

Pros: The islands we visited

Cons: boarding delay and lack of service / food quality

Recommends Carnival Valor? No.