Fun Cruise

Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Sail Date: March 01, 2011
Ship: Carnival Valor
The ship was clean but after a while, I got bored...Not enough variety and I would definitely have enjoyed a movie outdoors if the choices had been different! Odd choices for a cruise....seems like at night they would be catering to the adults for movie choices, not children.....

I did not enjoy breathing neighbors smoke....we had a balcony but couldn't enjoy it because the people on both sides and below us all smoked! I think that Carnival should ask customers and then place NON smokers on balconies together and smokers, the same.......I heard a lot of folks complaining about the smoke! And then allowed it in multiple spots inside ship with open doors so the smoke permeated the ship!

I was disappointed in the food! The pork chops and the chateaubriand were tough as nails! The service in the dining room, on the other hand, was wonderful. The escargot were tiny, tiny, tiny!

Entertainment was EXCEPTIONAL! Loved the comedy, loved the dance...even enjoyed the Adult only comedy.......wish the comedians would learn to leave F out of their jokes though!

I had a couple negative experiences and wrote to Carnival and let them know....have yet to hear back from them!

The ship was very nice and the folks were very friendly until you had an issue and then they turned a blind eye......I wrote to Carnival when I got home...I was pretty mad!

Stateroom was kept clean however, I gave the steward extra $$ in the beginning and I had to call down daily for ice in the room in the afternoon...That was somewhat disappointing! I also had to wash clothes on a different floor because the washers were all stuck with Canadian quarters and the ship wasn't too concerned about the inconvenience to the guests on level 8!

Pros: Our balcony

Cons: Time in Ports; Belize - would agree with Brad in Idaho...we won't get off ship at that port again~

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!