Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

An excellent cruise

Sail Date: June 07, 2009

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Overall my experience with Carnival was great, it started with an easy check-in process. All of us thoroughly enjoyed the shows every night. Seaside theater was awesome. Dining room was great but there was not enough options for veg food. Our waiter and room attendant were great and very friendly. I would definitely cruise with Carnival again. I highly recommend Carnival to my friends/family.

Pros: Entertainment / Shows, Ship decor

Cons: Not enough variety in veg food, TV channels, No microwave, no indoor heated pool

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!

Ship was beautiful, absolutely loved the decor, however layout was little bit odd. I would suggest adding an Indoor heated pool and Jacuzzi for the guests, especially for all the ships leaving from NYC, so guests can enjoy it even in cold weather.
Signed up kids but didn't leave them at Camp carnival.
I loved the Dining room and quality of food was good. However, I didn't find good variety for vegetarians, more options should be added (except for Pizza). Also, Organic whole milk should be added to the list for young kids, I had a terrible time giving 2% milk to kids. In 5 days, both of my kids had only one glass of milk, really upset about this.
Stateroom size/decor was good. I would suggest to add a microwave to the room so that guests with young kids can atleast warm up the milk in the room. I had to fill up the ice bucket with hot water to warm up kids bottles....not so fun. Also, TV channel options were pathetic, more channels should be added at the least the basic ones (CBS, NBC, ABC, cartoon network, etc).
Staff was friendly but I don't think they were going above & beyond. I would suggest hiring people who speaks English, I had requested to have milk warmed up for my kids but the person who brought the milk to the room wouldn't understand my request.
I think the best part of our trip was the night time entertainment shows. My 4yr old and 3yr old kids were not even blinking when the show was on. Amazing.
Saint John, New Brunswick
I would not suggest anyone going to St. Johns. It seemed that we were docked at an Industrial area, we didn't even get off the ship. It seemed waste of time to go outside.