Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A great Carnival cruise at a great price

Sail Date: April 28, 2007

This was my first cruise but I've taken 2 exotic Hawaii vacations at high class resorts so this had a lot to live up to. I stayed in the lowest cost cabin. It was totally fine - no window which was nice to sleep late in the mornings. The cabin was perfectly fine - nothing fancy but nothing wrong with it. A deck would be wonderful but I didn't want to pay the price. The ship was nice and kept clean. The food was excellent - all the food you could ever dream of eating and it was all very good. The crew was great, very friendly and helpful. Some of the "extras" were expensive (expressos, spa, things like that) but that's pretty normal anywhere. This cruise only had 3 ports of call - one more would have been nice since we had 7 days. Cozumel had some really nice private beaches with the restaurant/bar right there but very few people on the beach. That was great. Grand Cayman was nice but too much like the US. Jamaica had some fun shopping if you like to be followed around. It was fun for a first time experience. (and the prices were right).

Pros: food, food, food, ports of call, time of relaxation

Cons: the swimming pools were small (but clean!), spa was expensive

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!

Small room but clean. Beds are very comfortable and shower is wonderful. The tv had ship info on at all times. That was very helpful if you missed the meetings.
The staff was always cleaning. Pools and hot tubs were totally drained several different nights so that was good to know.
Food was great and there were plenty of options all day long.
It was very interesting meeting so many staff from different countries. They are obviously trained to be very friendly and to call you by name if possible. Our room steward, Romeo, wasn't overbearing but was friendly and more than willing to do anything we asked.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Too much like the US but still very beautiful. We did the sting ray/island tour excursion. Very fun but one time with the sting rays is enough for me (because of the price). I would do a bigger island tour next time. Shopping is expensive.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Only had about 6 hrs at this port. I'd never been so we just shopped. That was time consuming in itself since they all flock around you wanting you to shop at their open air booth. I did get some really good deals and it was pretty interesting for a first time experience. The beaches are right by the dock so no need to take a cab anywhere if you're just doing the beach or shopping.
Not Hawaii but the water and sand is beautiful. I loved experiencing the different culture since I'd never been to Mexico. We had 14 hrs in this port so that was great giving us time to do the beach, go to the ship & take a shower and then shop. The cab driver selected a beach for us since we had no idea. It was private and wonderful and only $5 to get into.