Great cruise

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Sunshine

5 Night Bahamas (Charleston Roundtrip)

Sail date: August 19, 2019

Ship: Carnival Sunshine

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 6347

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

Over all a good cruise. Only bad was the weather and we can't help that. A rainy day on the boat is still better than a sunny day at work, just means we gotta try again next year!

Embarkation

Purchased fttf. Would recommend. Everything went smoothly and we were on the boat quickly.

Ship experiences

I don't visit the dining rooms we eat at the buffet every night. My son is a huge fan of the baked potatoes. Ate at guys for lunch and the deli. Loved the addition of buffalo chicken. Be sure yo visit the havana bar extra seating and usually not to busy. Pasta bar was great.

I never used the pools or hot tubs. Spent a lot of time on sports deck. Didnt get to do ropes course we had some rain. Mini golf could of been set up better the putters and balls are at the bottom of the steps and most of the time they were all piled on the end side so i recommend checking there first.

Everyone I came in contact with was great. My room steward Blessing was great. Had an issue with my balcony divider and he was immediately there to fix it. My son liked the guys in the deli and the bartenders in the havana bar were aways nice and recommended drinks.

I had no problems with the layout. I spend my first day roaming and checking things out. Loved my room on the 6th floor very central to most things and very quiet.

Nice room. Since it was just the 2 in the room we had a couch. Lots of shelf and cabinet space. We had a fridge but never really used it. Balcony was nice

Ports of call

Charleston, South Carolina

Second time at this port didn't explore the port either time.

Nice island. Didnt swim, was going to the next day at half moon. Live and learn. Was a nice $5 shirt store with a free tye dyed bag with purchase.

Disembarkation

Felt it went more smoothly than the last. Watch if you decide not to carry luggage off. The numbered tags and stations were not effective. With fttfwe had #2 my nieces luggage was found in 16 one of my bags was in around 8. Heard several other people looking for their luggage as well