Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Second Mate

Henry's group in the dining room rocks very professional and fun, don't lose anything you won't get it back

Sail Date: September 10, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

While this is my second cruise on the Sunshine in under thirty days, I encountered the same issue again with not getting lost or stolen items returned.

Both a pair of eye glasses and my cell went missing and Carnival claims they couldn't be located. The Sunshine set sail again on the 17th of September and on the 18th my phone was used off the cost 0of New England so someone on the ship has my phone.

I can only assume it is a crew memeber since I doubt another passenger repeated the trip.

I am returning to the Sunshine on October 1 for my third and final Carnival cruise EVER. It is a little costly when on two cruises very expensive items go missing and can't be located when the ship was informed exactly where to locate them.

Sadly, there are photos of my dead Mother and Dad on that phone which can't be replaced. I really hope that whoever has my phone and the two pairs of eyeglasses that were returned to Guest Services yet they claim they never received, even when the lady who found them verified they were returned to a specific Guest Service guy my glasses and very expensive frames disappeared.

It is terrible that you have to worry about cruise crews making off with an expensive phone and expensive eyeglasses.

This will definitely be my last Carnival cruise on October 1 and I will make sure I tell everyone I know not to cruise with a company of thieves.

I left the ship at 8:10 am and realized I didn't have my phone that was on the bed at 8:15 so where did it go in under 5 minutes? That question answers itself. I do have to say that the Lady on the docks Judy D was very prompt in trying to locate the phone and was somewhat taken aback it was reported that the phone was not on the bed as I said. Thank you Judy D for your help.

If I didn't have a third cruise in 2 months planned with my sisters on the Sunshine I would never cruise with Carnival again. Too many losses to be a coincidence.

Can't believe after leaving my cabin my phone disappeared in 5 minutes or less. It was right on the bed where I last used it and now according to AT&T, someone is trying to use it off the coast of New England which means crew to me. This is appalling. I left ship at 8:AM on the 17th and the phone was used on the 18th until I had it blacklisted.
Only one thing. If a person states they are disabled they shouldn't have to be grilled by the person at the gate. Not all disabilities are visible like my cancer, Lupus and MS. I felt next I was going to be put in a lineup and patted down. She even asked me for proof of my disability, when I had to put all my stuff down on the floor and search my handbag to show her my disability card before I was finished finding it she said never mind and waved me in. I felt like I was being persecuted for not looking disabled and found it appalling to be treated like that. Staff should know the ADA rules. You can not ask a person what their disability is or hold them out to be shamed while you make them jump through hoops... As an ADA advocate I was shocked that this woman was allowed to man the gate to let disabled persons in and out without knowing the laws. If a party says they are disabled they are not to be questioned or ridiculed.
had a leaky window, but maintenance cleaned it up very quickly and guest service assistant manager sent us a thank you for the inconvenience. Very nicely handled
Steak house served me raw meat literally, Italian restaurant took 45 minutes to give me a caesar salad then served me a burnt short rib an hour later. Stick to the dining room the food is good and the service always great. Stay away from the pay restaurants and I didn't have to pay

Watch where you leave your personal belongings like phones etc. They pick up napkins etc with no care as to whether they are picking up personal property too. Havana Bar is the worst. Twice my roommate had to chase her cell that was removed off the table in a napkin. Theft not coincidence I THINK