Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Family Vacation

Sail Date: August 01, 2016

My favorite part was the group dinner at Cucina de Capitano   Our  large group also enjoyed the comedians. Billy (PG) June, etc. Loved  Both Excursions  DR & Turks  Beaches and the Private Oasis Rental -Steward was attentive, hardworking. Tasty room service food but fees for certain items. Fahrenheit Steak house was good. Sad Night life ends @12:00am & bars closed. Need more Live performances with some late night times particulary near the great space in near the Alchemy bar & Red Frogs.  Drink early and often w/ Drink pkg. Didn't enjoy seeing "du rags" and cruise bathrobes used outside cabins.  Ill-positioned Pingpong table causing balls to slip from moisture or went overboard. Cabin showed slight signs of wear from past life ie Cabin Ceiling Rust, chipping paint on bunks.  Pool and hottubs were past capacity-think double decker or Vienna sausages. Awkward cabin toilet positioning & T-paper holder. Cabin size smaller than Splendor but TV was nicely sized, got to watch the Olympics. Thumbs up on  Shakespot. Froyo was a nice change than just ice cream. Whats the deal with a half court basketball  and single hoop!. Overall it was the most expensive cruise(had 3  cabins and had felt short of expectation in comparison to the very old  Splendor where  they were  waiters walking around taking drink order versus the Sunshine non existent ones.

First day Embarkation Cabin appeared clean however when II laid upon the bed for the first time after a quick unpacking break. I stood up a few minutes later and learned a hair roller with blonde hair in it had attached itself to my hair . My husband said, "what's that in your hair" Gross! we immediately reviewed the bedding more carefully and discovered some unidentified brown stains on the sheets, requesting an immediate change. I'm not sure the cabin robes were changes because there were makeup stains all along the collar.
This process seemed well organized no major issues. Excursion /Tender trips still seemed a little confusing on entry and departures.
See my comments about the hair roller of a past passenger ending up in my hair. Note Previously used robe with makeup stains, rust on ceilings, chipping bunks cabin 8187. Carpet appears new and in nice bright colors. Closet space was ample. Bathroom could've used a dehumidifier but not sure how it would be engineered into the room. Balcony door /glass was spotty showing it had no attention. Lots of hardwork goes into maintaining a ship of this size given the large volume of people however I think some of the staff #'s could be slightly increased to provide superior experience. The Havana bar high chairs required me to summer sault to get into the seat, not meant for anyone with disabilities. The ships décor overall had a modern flair and everything appeared to be clean in all the commons areas. The Hot tubs positioning wasn't ideal. You had to past the puddles made in order to get to seating to watch the outdoor movies.
Enjoyed the excursions in DR Turk & Caicos and Half Moon Cays Private Oasis. Definitely a must rent if you can get it. Tour to DR beach allowed us to see the DR country side and how people live daily.
RedFrog - What happened to the Darts for the Dart board why NO DARTS? I liked that Comedy was till 10:30 pm. but Punchliners fills up so quickly hard to get a seat. Karaoke was good. Bars closed too early for people on Vacation 12 a.m. Definitely a downer particularly for someone who purchased a drink package. Punch liner was quite small. .
Staff here do work hard - maître d' In the Sunrise who managed the table for our large group. Iyuu Shore Excursion(Elsa, Milan Melissa & bartender thx from the Private Oasis group. Cucina de Capitano: Thanks Nellie & Shannon. My state room stewards. you guys rock! Shout out to Pat from the Piano Bar. One note is no waiters or waitress coming to guest to take orders. you had to maneuver thru the small spaces of the clubs and night venues to get to the bar yourself almost discouraging drinking libations.
We believe Steak house and Italian specialty restaurants were both excellent from Service Members , Food presentation and taste. I think we might have contemplated bring the chef home. Lido deck food was very basic and pizza definitely was sub par compared to other Carnival ships. Please use the same ingredients used on the Splendor. Wish they're were extended hours for Guys burgers closed at 6pm . Shakespot had some very tasty shakes. Very much enjoyed the spiked shakes like Island delight, Taste of Kentucky. nice combinations.