Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sunshine 10 days Journey Cruise

Sail Date: May 30, 2016

This was not my first cruise on the Sunshine.  I told myself I would not go on the Sunshine again but when a 10 day cruise out of Charleston became available it was a no brainer.  I will say the staff was very friendly and helpful.  Emma (the CD) was great!  She was always where ever the action was going on.  Our cabin (ocean view) was as expected and it was kept clean.  The night time entertainment lacked a lot.  They have comedians every night.  Sometimes even 5 shows a night!  That was over kill.  The band in the Ocean plaza was really good as was the duo in the Red Frog Pub and the Duo in the Atrium Lobby.  Karaoke was reduced to several nights and the hours were 5:45 - 7:00pm.  One of our friends loves to do karaoke and we had a 6:00 dinner.   That did away with that unless she missed dinner.  By midnight there was pretty much nothing to do, except the casino.  It would really help to have better ventilation in there.  There is a walkway through the middle of the casino that is used as the main walk way from forward to aft.  Even there the smoke is terrible.

The ports were the main draw and the fact that this was a 10 day cruise.  2 of the ports I had never been to.  St Kitts was beautiful.  I am ready to go back!  It rained our day in Martinique so we did not see much of it.  Antigua was great, we actually docked at a port that I do not remember.  We discovered a beach in St Thomas that we will definitely go back to.

The food lacked a LOT!  Several people at our table got sick on lobster night.  Which was the same night several of us sent ours back due to the fact that it was not fully cooked.  Fried oysters were the same night and everyone sent them back at our table.  I did not get them but the smell almost made us sick alone!  Jiji's (Asian) was remarkable.  We ate there the last night and had I known how good it was I would have eaten there many more times.

Embarkation & debarkation were very easy..  The ramp is a killer when you have bad knees and bad back though.