Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sunshine Fun

Sail Date: November 18, 2013

The Sunshine was an awesome ship.  I never cruised the Destiny, but viewed the renovation underway on the tv in our stateroom, magnificant  transformation.  The 2013 Commemorative Inaugural Book was a really nice treat to bring home.  The hammocks were so relaxing and such a nice addition in the Serenity.  The Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse was the best (but all the steakhouse's on the previous cruises have been).  My husband is experiencing some difficulty walking and the staff was the best catering to his needs.  The staff on the taxis to Grand Cayman also paid exceptional attention to cruisers with mobility needs, and ensured we exited the taxis first.

The only reason I did not give this review five stars is the first captain's night was AWFUL.  This was my tenth cruise with Carnival, and I never experienced the wait time we encountered on this cruise.  We only waited an hour, but some people we spoke with waited well over 90 minutes.  We had anytime dining, but this pager system did not work very well this night.  There was no place for us to sit, we stood on the stairs the entire wait.  We were told not to return to our staterooms as the pagers would not receive the signals there.

The ship departed from New Orleans and was very accommodating to the locals and showed the NFL and College football games.

The amentities afforded my new platinum status were very rewarding, Thank You very much.

I look forward to my next cruise.

Children's Programs N/A