Great To Be Back!

Carnival Sunrise Cruise Review

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Sunrise

5 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: November 06, 2021

Ship: Carnival Sunrise

Cabin type: Oceanview

Cabin number: 5305

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

This was a nice cruise. I was surprised to see that things were the same as precovid… I was expecting to see some new trivia, games, and entertainment. I think it’s time to try a new cruise line. That makes me a little sad.

Embarkation

The process was smooth and easy… follow the directions Carnival provides and it’s “smooth sailing”.

Ship experiences

While it’s great to be back to cruising… it’s the same old food. I would love to see a new menu! However, we still enjoyed ourselves! Let’s talk about the alcohol… we had the Cheers package and never found a good strong drink…. Before you say it… yes we tried it! Alchemy Bar… High Seas Tea… Shots… It’s probably just us 🤣😂

Same old stuff… a cruise is what you make it. We still had fun!!! Carnival had 18 months to revamp the Trivia and games. I was expecting some new things.

The Comedian Seth was hilarious!!!! The music was pretty good and karaoke was fun!

The cabin was clean and our Cabin Stewart was amazing! However, AVOID this cabin!!!!! It was EXTREMELY hot! The room made LOUD creaking noises ALL night like at your grandparents house and we weren’t near steps. It sounded like the ship was falling apart.

Ship tip

Ask for a fan on the first day! A cruise is what you make it… have fun!

Ports of call

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Beautiful Port! Nice people and cute shops right at the port.

Disembarkation

Amazingly fast and efficient!

Traveler Photos