My whole family had a fantastic time...

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Splendor

7 Night Mexican Riviera With Carnival Live (Los Angeles Roundtrip)

Sail date: February 17, 2018

Ship: Carnival Splendor

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 8270

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

Overall, this cruise exceeded my hopes and any expectations I came into it having. The entertainment, ports of call and food were superb and I would recommend Carnival to anyone looking to go on a vacation.

Embarkation

We arrived early and it took us less then 20 minutes to board ship.

Ship experiences

We ate at the main dining room each night, the food was excellent. The Lido buffet was good, but food tasted very salty at times. The Pizza Pirate was delicious and Off The Grill had very good burgers and fries. We went to the tea two of the three days it was offered, and we all really enjoyed it. The views and delicacies were worth taking time out of the day to enjoy.

I wish hot tubs were hotter, they were more warm than hot. My husband enjoyed the gym.

We went to the Punchliner Comedy Club and loved that. The entertainment was fantastic. The singers were phenomenal. We enjoyed the Lipsynch battles. Everything we went to was really entertaining.

Our room steward was named Putra and he went above and beyond. He was always friendly, all of the staff we encountered was.

Our cabin felt roomy and comfortable.

Ship tip

I would recommend purchasing bottles of water to have prior to arrival on carnival website. Go to the shows and enjoy yourself. Try a prosciutto pizza at pizza pirate. Eat a cone at swirls. Have fun!

Disembarkation

We got off the ship early and the whole process took about half an hour.