Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

I've had better cruises

Sail Date: December 13, 2015

All in all the cruise was pretty good. This is not the most glamorous ship I've ever been on. The dining room in the Golden restaurant had a poached egg decor on the ceiling. It looked very cheesy. The main swimming pool area had a retractable roof which was a nice touch on the last day of the cruise when it was raining. However, the night of the pool party it should have stayed open so the guest could party under the stars. It felt like you were in a high school gymnasium.I like the Carnival cruise line and have enjoyed many of their ships, The Slendor however was not as appealing.

Cabin / Stateroom Our cabin steward Randy was great. He was very accommodating with all our request.
Embarkation and Disembarkation The tenders ran smoothly to and from shore.
The ship needs a face lift. The decor is dated but was clean.
our excursions were very good.
The crew worked hard to keep everyone entertain during sea days and while at port.
The shows were pretty good, the comedy shows were great except for the comedian that shared the same nights with Diane Ford.
Alison the comedy club manager was awesome.
Food was fair however the menu on the buffets were the same everyday. Also, there was no Guy's Burgers on this ship. That was disappointing. The dining room food was good, however the 4 person booths were uncomfortable. It was my fault that I didn't specify a large group table. Our waiter seemed to be rushing the food to the table which we didn't like. We're on vacation, we don't want to be rushed through our dinner.