Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

Sister Trip

Sail Date: March 04, 2012

This was the first time I have sailed Carnival in over 20 years. It appears to me to not be the 20's party ship it was on my first sailing, but still offered a great atmosphere and plenty of parties if you were looking for that. The decor was very nice and in the "carnival" style. The spa was outstanding. After sailing with Princess for the last 20 years, the Carnival Splendor cruise provided MUCH more that I had anticipated. I enjoyed the trip and spa. My only complaint was related to my sisters disappointing spa experience. My own spa experience was excellent. The spa manager offered nothing to my sister when she walked out of her 90 minute seaweed/masssage appointment when 20 minutes into the appointment the therapist was still trying to upsale her and had not even started her treatment. My own massage therapist Vi, was excellent so ask for her. Loved this trip.

Pros: Great atmosphere and relaxing

Cons: Would prefer 2 days in Puerta Vallarta vs Cabo San Lucas

Recommends Carnival Splendor? Yes!

Spa Balcony was great.
The Bingo must be a huge money maker for Carnival because they sure didn't seem to payout much.
Good food, great service staff, but after our party of 4 was seated at two different tables and we requested a table together, we were stuck in a corner with no view and right in high traffic area.