A Cruise Planned by the Love of my life.

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaska (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 21, 2012
Ship: Carnival Spirit
This cruise was really so nice. Compared to the other cruises I've had it was well organized and a relaxing experience as were all of my other Carnival cruises. The only thing that needed improvement was the meal service in the main dining room. Our meals were always delivered luke warm or cold, never hot. Our last meal arrived 45 minutes after we were seated. Our hostess was very polite and courteous. We felt badly for him because he was giving his all. Our stateroom attendant was super excellent. Our excursions were very much fun except the one in Canada.

The food in the main dining room needed more variety and the hot food wasn't served hot. This is the one area that did not compete with Carnival's other ships I have been on.

The entertainment and times they were provided was excellent and enjoyed by the friend I treated to this trip and by myself. The only part of the cruise that was not enoyed was our last excursion. It was to Buchart Gardens at night. It included a tour of the city and the gardens. It was too dark. We and many others got lost in the gardens and were quite frightened since our driver did tell us we would be left if we were not back on the bus on time. We could not see the most of the flowers and many of the paths were chained off (I am sure for our safety since it was so dark.) I had been there before on another cruise during the day and it had been on that cruise my favorite excursion. On this cruise I wish I had not chosen it. It was a terrible way to end our relaxing cruise. I would never recommend that excursion at that time to anyone. I hope Carnival removes this one from their choices. It definitely does not measure up to Carnival's quality. It was a waste of money.

Every staff member was very courteous\, kind and a joy to meet.

I don't know if it was due to my age or to the ships layout. It took me longer to learn my way around the Spirit than it did any other ship. In the end when I learned my way around it was quite enjoyable. It always was clean and beautiful.

The service and the professional care here was the greatest.

Pros: Robert's Mountain Tram Excursion in Juno

Cons: Buchart Gardens at night in Canada

Recommends Carnival Spirit? Yes!