Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Average cruise

Sail Date: July 31, 2012

We recently took an Alaskan cruise out of Seattle. The ship was nice and I really appreciate they let you take 1 bottle of wine per adult. The buffet was average and I did end up getting very sick the 3rd nite. I had only ate the ships food and no where else. That is why I know I got food poisoning off the buffet it was either the salad bar or eggs. I was also not impressed with their shopping representative who sells you this book of coupons for 30 dollars and you are suppose to get all this free stuff in all the ports you stopped. Well she should have warned you about two things if you planned excursions there is absolutely no time to shop in two ports and the one port that I tried to retrieve all my coupons. I had to go in Jewelery shops to get 2 dollar free gifts and tell the pushy merchants no, no, no I do not want to buy anything. Don't buy the coupon book not worth it. Overall the ship and the housekeepers were good and some staff at the buffet.

Pros: Touring Victoria

Cons: getting food poisoning

Recommends Carnival Spirit? Yes!

Got sick off buffet\, very sick 24 hours food poisoning only ate on ship.
Doesn't compare to Royal or Norwiegen