Ship is old and needs updating

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaska (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 05, 2012
Ship: Carnival Spirit
The ship is in need of serious renovation in the cabins. Public areas were clean and did not show its age as much.

Food in the dining area was good. In the Lido more fresh healthier food in needed such as fresh vegetables and fruits. Only musk melon and cataloupe was provided.

Not everyone canafford to take an excursion at every port. No mention is given when excursions are shared the free or inexpensive activities ateach port. We stumbled on museums in Skaway and Juneau that were most imformative and free. In Juneau also we took a bus ride for $16 to the Mendenhall Glacier. Only expensive tours through the cruise line was mentioned. This givesyou the belief that the main reason for the side tours is to get every last cent out of the guests.

Staff was friendly, courteous and efficient. I was most impressed with EKatrina, the third deck hostess in the Empire Room. I complimented her on her fine English and she shared with me how she learned English. In further conversations she shared her background in Russia. Very impressive young lady who is a wonderful asset to the Carnival Cruise Line.

See above

In my room a stool backing was torn and hanging from the stool. In my sister's room (three doors down) serious stains were on the carpet next to the bathroom. It appeared the bathroom overflowed on the carpet. They were not pleased at all and mentioned it to the the stewards. I have pictures of this if interested.

Pros: Friendliness of staff

Cons: Cabins were old needingf serious renovation

Recommends Carnival Spirit? No.