Great cruise

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaska (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 15, 2012
Ship: Carnival Spirit
I loved the ship would definitely recommend if you want to see Alaska. Shore excursions were fun and they were able to accomodate a handicapped person although the room was a little cramped. Next time I probably would book on the main deck or upper though because the higher decks made me a bit unsteady at times. Was able to rent a wheelchair on board for my husband who was close to the end of his life and the crew was great getting him on and off the ship and ordering a bus that could lift a wheelchair. The scenery was just gorgeous and I thought the food was very skillfully prepared and delicious.

Food was prepared very well especially on Lido deck where the buffet was.

As always there is always a huge variety of activities to do on board and the live entertainment was wonderful.

Steward always made sure we had water and ice and plenty of clean towels. Steward was knowledgeable regarding the ports of call.

My husband had trouble fitting a wheelchair in the restrooms even though they said they were handicapped accessible in the public areas. Our room was not handicapped accessible because when I booked my husband was not handicapped and so that turned out to be a bit of an incovenience.

Decor in stateroom is the same as past cruises, I love the Carnival bed! Always clean and the stateroom steward was very helpful

Pros: The food was superb, the crew was extremely helpful

Cons: no Victoria, not enough time in Ketchican

Recommends Carnival Spirit? Yes!